Expert Structural Analysis (f/m/d)
Fatigue & Damage Tolerance
Airport Oberpfaffenhofen Permanent Full-time 2021-0069
This is what drives you
This is what you can do
We are looking for an innovative, detail-oriented expert in structural analysis (m/f/d) for large aircraft, wing sizing and analysis who will define e.g. wing sizing guidelines and lead the structure analysis activities for fatigue & damage (F&DT) tolerance. Within our multifunctional product development team, you may be assigned to functional lead internal and external resources. Furthermore, you observe the processes and delegation rules, drive and lead deep dives on relevant fields of expertise, to challenge and improve our development activities and to foster a strong internal and external experts’ network.
Your responsibilities in this role include:
- Providing expertise in F&DT of airframe structures like concept and detail design, sizing, certification and production ramp up, definition etc. and fosters a strong internal/external co-work throughout project phases.
- Overseeing complete strength evaluations regarding stress, fatigue and damage tolerance criteria, as well as responsibility in overseeing, planning and executing the tasks according the overall program schedule to secure the deliverables
- Definition and proposal of program code routines for analysis processes, methods & tools like FEM pre- & postprocesses, automatic calculation, digital data process etc.
- Improving, defining and adapting stress and F&DT methods, assumptions, data and procedures for metallic and composite structures
- Establish the required check procedures and progress monitoring aligned with the program process to ensure deliverables at time and quality
You’ll bring this with you
- Masters Degree in aeronautics, aviation or mechanical engineering with 15+ years' working experience throughout the development phases and lifecycle of several aircraft
- Qualified leadership and product development experience within aircraft programs
- Expert in field of stress, fatigue & damage tolerance for metal and composite components
- Definition of specifications and structure analysis Means of Compliance
- Lead the compilation of fatigue & damage tolerance analysis reports and certification documents in line with relevant regulations e.g. CS/JAR/FAR Part
- Assess and proof of production non-conformities, concessions
- Open minded personality with excellent communication skills, written and spoken in English, German is a plus
- Structured and result orientated with strong team spirit
This is who we are
We are looking forward to your application!
82234 Weßling - Germany