Systems Engineer - Cooling Systems (f/m/d)
Airport Oberpfaffenhofen Permanent Full-time 2021-0136
This is what drives you
This is what you can do
As part of the Mechanical Systems team in the Engineering Organization, this role will design thermal management systems for hybrid-electric aircraft propulsion and energy systems. With a strong focus on practical research and technology, you will apply fundamental engineering principles to the design, validation and verification of aircraft cooling systems. Additional topics include writing equipment specifications and 3D design integration of system into the fuselage and nacelle.
- Serve as a design engineer for Thermal Management and Environmental Control (ATA21)
- Participate in trade-off studies of various thermal management systems
- Design liquid-and-gas-cycle cooling systems, including components such as pipes, pumps, heat exchangers and thermal shielding.
- Conduct CAD installation and design studies to install selected hardware into existing airframe
- Working with suppliers, specify and design thermal management components that safely and effectively meet requirements.
- Develop component, subsystem and system level models in order to enhance the team’s ability to accelerate design, development and testing activities.
- Support the achievement of department objectives aligned with global objectives
- Some international travel is expected (<10%)
You’ll bring this with you
- Master’s Degree or Diplomingenieur in Aerospace or Mechanical engineering
- 5 - 10 years’ experience in aerospace or relevant industry
- Familiar with EASA Part 21J or CS-25/FAR 25, and experience with at least one aircraft development program (preferred)
- Familiar with requirement management, validation and verification of ECS (ATA21) systems
- Experienced CATIA V5 user
- Knowledge of MBSE principles is beneficial
- Fluent in English, fluency in German or any other language is beneficial
- Excellent team spirit, communication and interpersonal skills
- Capable of structuring and organizing work in efficient and effective manner
- Strong analytical skills, hands-on mentality
- Creativity and the ability to act independently
- Technical problem-solving and decision-making ability
This is who we are
We are looking forward to your application!
82234 Weßling - Germany