Thermal Systems Architect (f/m/d)
Airport Oberpfaffenhofen Permanent Full-time 2021-0137
This is what drives you
This is what you can do
As part of the Mechanical Systems team in the Engineering Organization, this role will define thermal management architectures for hybrid-electric aircraft propulsion and energy systems. With a strong focus on practical research and technology, you will apply fundamental system engineering principles to the definition of engine and fuselage thermal management systems.
Additional topics include adapting thermal protection and shielding for new technologies such as high voltage power electronics, on-board batteries and hydrogen storage Units.
- Serve as a subject matter expert for Thermal Management and Environmental Control (ATA21)
- Lead trade-off studies, and select suitable architectures given project constraints
- Develop aircraft and system-level requirements for thermal management systems
- Working with suppliers, specify and design thermal management architectures that safely and effectively meet requirements.
- Define requirement validation and verification strategy, and actively participate in the planning and execution of ground and flight test campaigns.
- Support design engineers working on thermal system components such as thermal shielding, pipes, pumps, heat exchangers, ducting, aero-thermal integration.
- Develop component, subsystem and system level models in order to enhance the team’s ability to accelerate design, development and testing activities.
- Support the achievement of department objectives aligned with global objectives
- Some international travel is expected (<10%)
You’ll bring this with you
- Master’s Degree or Diplomingenieur in Aerospace or Mechanical engineering
- 5 - 10 years’ experience in aerospace or relevant industry
- Familiar with EASA Part 21J and CS-25/FAR 25, and experience with at least one aircraft development program (preferred)
- Familiar with requirement management, validation and verification of ECS (ATA21) systems
- Good understanding of ARP4754A
- Understanding of MBSE principles is beneficial
- Fluent in English, fluency in German or any other language is beneficial
- Excellent team spirit, communication and interpersonal skills
- Capable of structuring and organizing work in efficient and effective manner
- Strong analytical skills, hands-on mentality
- Creativity and the ability to act independently
- Technical problem-solving and decision-making ability
This is who we are
We are looking forward to your application!
82234 Weßling - Germany