Head of Empennage Design (f/m/d)
Airport Oberpfaffenhofen Permanent Full-time 2022-0062
This is what drives you
This is what you can do
The Head of Empennage Design is disciplinary leading the design department of the main airframe components empennage and empennage movables. The leadership role includes to build up an efficient team and build up state-of-the art competences inside the team to secure the deliverables as well as defining the methods, processes and tools required to execute the activities throughout the product life-cycle from early research and concept phases, programme development to continuous product support.
The position responsibility includes the processes and delegations compliant according to design organisation rules. The Head of Empennage Design is responsible for future benchmark positioning including core competences, working practices such as agile and lean approaches and continuous assessment of trends and capabilities, especially in terms of design principles, tolerancing concepts, manufacturing processes, interfaces, configurations and improvements such as digital data usage.
- Leading and ramping-up the required resources, competences and capabilities according to defined deliverables and agreed head-count
- Leading disciplinary the engineering department “Empennage Design”
- Responsible for deliverables in Time / Cost / Quality (TCQ) throughout the complete lifecycle of aircraft, flying fleet, 328eco development and respective R&T projects
- Responsible for internal and external workpackages in TCQ
- Implement programme and project requirements into a resource planning including core and non-core activities and a viable sub-contracting / Make or Buy policy in the scope of fuselage design team perimeter
- Ensure adequate numbers of signatory candidates are trained and prepared for delegation according to design organisation processes
- Implement and support company strategy with proper positioning of the fuselage team in line with future needs and trends
- Ensure the establishment of a state-of-the-art tolerancing concept for airframe
- Leading complex tasks internally and externally; defining specifications and Means of Compliance
- Define and drive opportunities for digitalisation and automatisation of airframe design processes, methods & tools.
- Integrator of complete airframe
You’ll bring this with you
- Recognised Expert in field of airframe design / fuselage primary structure design, composite design
- Engineering degree (MA Eng/Sc. Dr./PhD.) in aeronautics / aviation or mechanical
- 15+ years professional expertise in relevant fields of aircraft development and airframe design
- Wide proficiency of airframe certification requirements, design criteria, materials, methods and tools
- New aircraft development experience (CS25) in several aircraft projects
- Ability to prioritise, manage and execute multiple simultaneous tasks
- Product development experience of several aircraft programme
- Lead and instruct complex tasks internal/external
- Very good presenting, communication and leadership skills
- Very good written and oral knowledge in English, German is a plus
This is who we are
We are looking forward to your application!
82234 Weßling - Germany