Senior Engineer Analysis – R&T (f/m/d)
Airport Oberpfaffenhofen Permanent Full-time 2022-0063
This is what drives you
This is what you can do
As Senior Engineer Analysis – R&T Nacelle/Airframe you lead the relevant structure analysis activities for nacelle / hybrid propulsion integration and nacelle-wing integration within a multifunctional Product Development Team. You also provide qualified know-how in relevant field of airframe structures (e.g. concept and detail design, sizing, certification and production ramp up, definition) and foster a strong internal/external co-work throughout project phases. Key activities include the complete strength evaluations regarding stress, fatigue and damage tolerance criteria, as well as responsibility in overseeing, planning and executing the tasks according the overall program schedule to secure the deliverables. You may be assigned to functional lead of internal and external resources. Furthermore you observe the processes and delegation rules according design organisation rules. The role includes to challenge/improve relevant development activities, to digitalize and automatise tools/methods/processes and to foster a strong internal/external network.
- Leading and instructing complex tasks internally and externally; defining specifications and Means of Compliance
- Define and drive opportunities for digitalisation and automatisation of airframe design processes, methods & tools.
- Definition of specifications and structure analysis Means of Compliance
- Definition and proposal of program code routines for analysis processes, methods & tools (e.g. FEM pre- & postprocesses, automatic calculation, digital data process)
- Planning of activities according to defined deliverables
- Improving, defining and adapting Stress and F&DT methods, assumptions, data and procedures for metallic and composite structures (hand calculations as well as FEM methods).
- Lead the compilation of stress, fatigue & damage tolerance analysis reports and certification documents in line with relevant regulations (e.g. CS/JAR/FAR Part
- Assess and proof of production non-conformities (concessions).
- Support stress and fatigue analysis for the repair/acceptance of damaged structures.
- Establish the required check procedures and progress monitoring aligned with the program process to ensure deliverables at time and quality.
You’ll bring this with you
- Broad experience in field of stress, fatigue & damage tolerance for metal and composite components
- Educated Engineering degree (MA Eng/Sc. Dr./PhD.) in aeronautics / aviation or mechanical engineering
- 10+ years professional expertise in structural analysis activities throughout the development phases and lifecycle of several aircraft
- Wide proficiency of airframe certification requirements, design criteria, materials, methods and tools
- Product development experience of several aircraft programme
- CVE experience is beneficial
- Lead and instruct complex tasks internal/external
- Very good presenting, communication and leadership skills
- Very good written and oral knowledge in English, German is a plus
This is who we are
We are looking forward to your application!
82234 Weßling - Germany