Senior Materials & Processes Engineer R&T (f/m/d)
Airport Oberpfaffenhofen Permanent Full-time 2022-0097
This is what drives you
This is what you can do
The Senior Materials & Processes (M&P) Engineer leads the Sustainable Aviation Fuel (SAF) M&P activities for the airframe main components within multifunctional teams. The M&P division is responsible to ensure that the required deliverables as well as materials, methods and processes are available to execute the activities along the product life cycle from early research and concept phases, program development and continuous product support. Delivering senior know-how in relevant field and fostering a strong internal and external expert network. Supporting internal complete aircraft activities with expert assessments. The responsibility is to plan and execute the SAF M&P activities according to the overall program schedule and the different project phases e.g. concept- and detail design, justification / certification and production ramp-up to secure deliverables.
- Implementation of Sustainable Aviation Fuel compatibility for airframe
- Specification and justification of airframe coatings, sealants and surface protection processes and technologies for SAF.
- Leading and instructing complex tasks internally and externally; defining specifications and Means of Compliance
- Performing all tasks related to Initial and Continued Airworthiness for SAF, organic coatings, sealants and the related surface protection processes and technologies.
- Create and publish SAF related standards.
- Publishing papers related to SAF topics and supporting the marketing campaigns.
- Participate in internal and external R&T projects to develop new and innovative SAF/REACH compliant materials and processes, continuous assessment of trends, especially concerning sustainable materials and manufacturing processes.
- nterface with internal and external stakeholders to ensure M&P support in related external working groups and industry initiatives.
You’ll bring this with you
- Educated Engineering degree (MA Eng/Sc, Dr./PhD.) specialized in organic chemistry or similar degrees
- 10+ years professional expertise in relevant fields
- Conventional fuel and SAF development experience
- Analytical and structured way of working People Development / Training Delegation
- Conflict Management, Team Player
- Very good written and oral knowledge in English, German is a plus
This is who we are
We are looking forward to your application!
82234 Weßling - Germany