Senior Aerodynamics Engineer (f/m/d)
Airport Oberpfaffenhofen Permanent Full-time 2022-0122
This is what drives you
This is what you can do
As Senior Aerodynamics Engineer (f/m/d) you support the different engineering groups in the design and the certification of the aircraft - designed by Deutsche Aircraft - through aerodynamic analysis.
Your main tasks are:
- Perform the whole suite of Computational Fluid Dynamics activities from CAD preparation, mesh generation, CFD calculations, post-processing, analysis and presenting.
- Support different engineering groups such as Loads, Dynamics, Flight Sciences, Engine performance with timely aerodynamic analysis.
- Assist in wind-tunnel activities including test matrix planning, data acquisition, data reduction, analysis and CFD validation.
- Set-up design optimization framework linking parametric CAD models to CFD codes.
- Responsible for overall aircraft lofting and aircraft definition drawings
You’ll bring this with you
- Masters or PhD University degree in aerospace or mechanical engineering
- 10+ years of relevant experience in aerodynamic applications
- Experienced in compressible Navier-Stokes methods for external/internal aerodynamics & applied aerodynamics and in the generation and pre-/post-processing of CAD geometric parametric models using CATIA V5.
- Analysis of fluid flows using high-fidelity Navier-Stokes CFD solvers, such as TAU, STARCCM+ highly desired and High Performance Computing experience with UNIX/Linux required.
- Experience supporting wind tunnel testing, flight testing, including data reduction/analysis desired.
- Proficient in one or more programming languages to generate tools and scripts for large dataset manipulation.(e.g Python, Matlab, csh, FORTRAN, C/C++, and Java)
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Very good written and oral knowledge in English. German is a plus.
This is who we are
We are looking forward to your application!
82234 Weßling - Germany