Senior Aerodynamics Engineer (f/m/d)
Airport Oberpfaffenhofen Permanent Full-time 2022-0122
This is what drives you
You have a clear idea of what you want: To contribute to the vision of safe and energy-efficient flying, in a team of like-minded aviation enthusiasts who are determined to shape the future of aviation.
This is what you can do
- Support the different engineering groups in the design and the certification of the aircraft - designed by Deutsche Aircraft - through aerodynamic analyses.:
- Perform the whole suite of computational fluid dynamics activities from CAD preparation, mesh generation, CFD calculations, post-processing, analysis and presentation
- Support different engineering groups such as Loads, Dynamics, Flight Sciences, Engine performance with timely aerodynamic analyses
- Assist in wind-tunnel activities, including test matrix planning, data acquisition, data reduction, analyses and CFD validation
- Set-up a design optimisation framework, linking parametric CAD models to CFD codes
- Be responsible for overall aircraft lofting and aircraft definition drawings
You’ll bring this with you
- Degree in aerospace or mechanical engineering
- 10+ years’ experience in aerodynamic applications
- Experience in compressible Navier-Stokes methods for external and internal aerodynamics and applied aerodynamics and in the generation and pre-/post-processing of CAD geometric parametric models using CATIA V5
- Experience in the analysis of fluid flows using high-fidelity Navier-Stokes CFD solvers, such as TAU, STARCCM+ (highly desired)
- High performance computing experience with UNIX/Linux required
- Experience in supporting wind tunnel testing, flight testing, including data reduction/analysis desired.
- Proficient in one or more programming languages to generate tools and scripts for large dataset manipulation: e.g Python, Matlab, csh, FORTRAN, C/C++, and Java
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Fluent in English, German is a plus
This is who we are
We are an aircraft manufacturer with a strong heritage looking to continue our story. Headquartered to the west of Munich, we are recognized by international aviation authorities as a development, manufacturing and maintenance company, That is why today we are focusing our full energy on developing and manufacturing a new generation of technically advanced aircraft in Germany. Share with us the vision and ambition to drive the transformation of flying and to make our contribution to safe and energy-efficient air transport.
We are looking forward to your application!
Deutsche Aircraft GmbH
82234 Weßling - Germany
82234 Weßling - Germany