Deputy Chief Engineer - Flight Physics (f/m/d)
Airport Oberpfaffenhofen Permanent Full-time 2022-0150
This is what drives you
This is what you can do
The Deputy Chief Engineer - Flight Physics (f/m/d) leads and coordinates the relevant flight physics disciplines (Weight, Handling Qualities, Aircraft Performance, Loads, Aeroelastics) activities like design, analysis, methods & processes, interfaces with systems and airframes and respective inputs/outputs/requirements of 328eco overall aircraft development as part of the 328eco chief engineering team.
- Integrate all Flight Physics work including integrated planning and functional lead of Flight Physics activities into overall aircraft; involve required competences and capabilities according to defined deliverables
- Establish the required check procedures and progress monitoring aligned with the program process to ensure deliverables at time and quality
- Conceptual design and Integration of all Flight Physics deliverables and problems resolutions at system, airframe and aircraft level
- Lead technical assessments of aircraft conceptual scenarios / trade studies in terms of aircraft level (DtC, Weight Reduction Campaigns,…) and respective design decision documents.
- Define together with specific Flight Physics teams the certification concept, the relevant Means of Compliance and oversee the deliveries/results of the respective certification documents in line with relevant regulations (e.g. CS/JAR/FAR Part 23/25/27/29).
- As part of the 328eco Chief Engineering team ensure verification and validation of the L0/L1/requirements and connection with L2 with special focus on Flight Physics perimeter
- Supervision and updates of Flight Physics development logic and of integrational aspects between systems & airframe
- Coordinate and steer the flight test aircraft activities from Flight Physics point of view.
You’ll bring this with you
- Recognised Aircraft Architect / expert in field of aircraft design, analysis, material & processes, requirements management and suppliers’ interfaces
- Educated Engineering degree (MA Eng/Sc, Dr./PhD.) in aeronautics / aviation engineering
- 20+ years professional expertise in Flight Physics and aircraft integration throughout the development phases and lifecycle of several Part 25 aircraft
- Wide proficiency of Subpart B certification requirements, design criteria, materials, methods and tools
- New aircraft development experience (CS25); available signature delegations and/or CVE of advantage
- Very good presenting, communication and leadership skills
This is who we are
We are looking forward to your application!
82234 Weßling - Germany