Senior Engineer Systems Installation - Mechanical (f/m/d)
Airport Oberpfaffenhofen Permanent Full-time 2022-0152
This is what drives you
This is what you can do
The Senior Engineer Systems Installation is leading the systems installations activities for a dedicated set of mechanical and/or electrical systems/ATA-chapters as part of the Systems Installations department. This includes the complete design of such systems installation elements including properties implementation, functional and industrial requirements, interfaces and configurations. Delivering experts know-how in relevant field and fostering a strong internal and external network. Supporting internal complete aircraft activities with experts assessments.
The responsibility is to plan and execute the activities according the overall program schedule through all the different product development phases e.g. concept, preliminary and detail design, certification, production ramp up to secure the deliverables. This includes the functional lead of the allocated internal and external resources, the technical interface to the vendor and the proper application of the defined methods, processes and tools. The role includes the demonstration of compliance with processes and delegations according design organisation rules.
- Leading, instructing and responsible for complex tasks internally and externally (TCQ); defining specifications, Means of Compliance, processes and methods for Requirements Based Engineering (RBE) and Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE)
- Integrator task of systems into airframe
- Planning of the required systems installation activities and the required competences and capabilities according to defined deliverables.
- Leading functional the allocated resources within system installation work package to ensure deliverables
- Ensure structural integrity of systems installations and propose optimisations for standardization, weight improvement and design to cost
- Establish the required check procedures and progress monitoring aligned with the program process to ensure deliverables at time and quality
- Define and drive opportunities for digitalisation and automatisation of airframe design analysis processes, methods & tools
- Responsible for deliverables in Time / Cost / Quality (TCQ) throughout the complete lifecycle of aircraft, flying fleet, 328eco development and respective R&T projects
- Design physical interfaces between systems (mechanical and/or electrical systems) and primary structure
- Positioning of system models, leading B-Bracket design and utilization of any kind of standard brackets
- Clarify & Solve related attachment clashes (A-/B-Brackets vs systems IPs/ICDs)
- Perform and validate physical installation of systems into airframe in accordance with DMU processes
- Create and release installation drawings for production and test aircraft
- Establishment of the interface-skeleton / mechanical ICD-list => input for design and placement of B-brackets
You’ll bring this with you
- Recognised expertise in field of systems installation / airframe design
- Educated Engineering degree (MA Eng/Sc, Dr./PhD.) in aeronautics / aviation or mechanical
- 10+ years professional expertise in relevant fields of aircraft development and system installation/airframe design
- Wide proficiency of airframe certification requirements, design criteria, materials, methods and tools
- New aircraft development experience (CS25) in several aircraft projects
- Ability to prioritise, manage and execute multiple simultaneous tasks
- Product development experience of several aircraft programme
- Lead and instruct complex tasks internal/external
- Very good presenting, communication and leadership skills
This is who we are
We are looking forward to your application!
82234 Weßling - Germany