Senior Engineer Systems Installation - Electrical (f/m/d)
Airport Oberpfaffenhofen Permanent Full-time 2022-0153
This is what drives you
This is what you can do
The Senior Engineer Systems Installation (electrical) is leading the electrical systems installations activities for a dedicated set of electrical systems as part of the Systems Installations department. This includes the complete design of Wire harness bundles including properties implementation, functional and industrial requirements, interfaces and configurations. Delivering experts know-how in relevant field and fostering a strong internal and external network. Supporting internal complete aircraft activities with experts assessments.
The responsibility is to plan and execute the activities according the overall program schedule through all the different product development phases e.g. concept, preliminary and detail design, certification, production ramp up to secure the deliverables. This includes the functional lead of the allocated internal and external resources, the technical interface to the vendor and the proper application of the defined methods, processes and tools. The role includes the demonstration of compliance with processes and delegations according design organisation rules.
- Electrical System Integration activity of into the airframe; Develop, challenge and continuously improve system’s design and item’s technical concepts.
- Define the main routings schematic answer the Electrical Definition Document (routing definition and separation coding).
- Planning of the required systems installation activities and the required competences and capabilities according to defined deliverables.
- Co-engineering with suppliers within system installation work package to ensure deliverables.
- Perform and validate physical installation of electrical system into airframe in accordance with DMU processes. Preliminary design of harness installation attachments (B and C brackets).
- Create, release and update electrical installation engineering set (drawings, BOM, cable harness components and other) for production and test aircrafts.
- Design physical interfaces between electrical system and primary structure. Establishing Mechanical_ICD list of electrical support points and electrical connectors ICD´s list.
- Drive the Electrical Harness Installation workbenches – define and route the Wire harness bundles.
- Ensure structural integrity of systems installations and propose optimisations for standardization, weight improvement and design to cost.
- Establish the required check procedures and progress monitoring aligned with the program process to ensure deliverables at time and quality.
- Responsible for deliverables in Time / Cost / Quality (TCQ) throughout the complete lifecycle of aircraft, flying fleet, 328eco development and respective R&T projects.
You’ll bring this with you
- Recognised expertise in field of systems installation / airframe design
- Educated Engineering degree (MA Eng/Sc, Dr./PhD.) in aeronautics / aviation or mechanical
- 10+ years professional expertise in relevant fields of aircraft development and electrical system installation design
- Knowledge on System Engineering development ARP4754, safety and certification processes as AC25.1701-1, AMC 20-23, CS-25 subpart H and Electrical Standards as AC43.13-1B
- Wide proficiency of EWIS certification requirements, design criteria, materials, methods and tools
- Good knowledge on harness routing and installations rules (redundancy, segregations, protections, band radius, attachment, marking, etc..) and familiarity with a 3D harness routing tool
- Knowledge on manufacturing drawings (form boards) specifications as lacing, marking, BOM. Very good presenting, communication and leadership skills
This is who we are
We are looking forward to your application!
82234 Weßling - Germany