Senior Engineer Materials & Processes (f/m/d)
Airport Oberpfaffenhofen Permanent Full-time 2022-0177
This is what drives you
This is what you can do
The Senior Engineer M&P is leading the metallic materials & processes activities for the airframe main components such as fuselage, wing, empennage within multifunctional teams.
The M&P division is responsible to ensure that the required deliverables as well as methods, processes and tools are available to execute the activities along the product life cycle from early research and concept phases, program development and continuous product support. Delivering expert know-how in relevant field and fostering a strong internal and external expert network. Supporting internal complete aircraft activities with expert assessments.
The responsibility is to plan and execute the activities according the overall program schedule and the different project phases e.g. concept- and detail design, justification / certification and production ramp to secure deliverables.
- Leading and instructing complex tasks internally and externally; defining specifications and Means of Compliance
- Qualification of new / alternative materials and REACh-compliant related surface protection processes and technologies.
- Performing all tasks related to Initial and Continued Airworthiness for metallic materials and the related surface protection processes and technologies.
- Support topics regarding obsolescence management related to the M&P subjects.
- Review of design data, drawing sets, concessions, repair instructions, in-service documents, and AOG activities (if applicable).
- Create/update and publish material and process standards.
- Participate in R&D projects to develop new and innovative REACh compliant materials and processes, continuous assessment of trends, especially concerning sustainable materials and manufacturing processes.
- Support audit programs to qualify suppliers according to applicable requirements.
- Participate in root-cause and corrective action activities to ensure manufactured parts and processes meet engineering and regulatory requirements.
- Interface with internal stakeholders in procurement and quality organizations to ensure M&P support is integrated with airplane schedule and rate requirements.
- Manufacturing support as well as technical consulting for concerned divisions. processes, methods & tools.
You’ll bring this with you
- Broad experience in field of M&P metallic
- Educated Engineering degree (MA Eng/Sc, Dr./PhD.) in metallic materials, aeronautics / aviation
- 10+ years professional expertise in relevant fields of M&P in aircraft development
- Broad experience of airframe M&P requirements, design criteria, materials, methods and tools
- Ability to prioritise, manage and execute multiple simultaneous tasks
- Product development experience of several aircraft programme
- Lead and instruct complex tasks internal/external
- Very good presenting, communication and leadership skills
This is who we are
We are looking forward to your application!
82234 Weßling - Germany