Expert - Structural Analysis (f/m/d)
Airport Oberpfaffenhofen Permanent Full-time 2022-0209
This is what drives you
This is what you can do
The Expert – Structural Analysis engineer for large aircraft, wing sizing and analysis defines wing sizing guidelines, leads the structure analysis activities for stress & fatigue within a multifunctional Product Development Team. The Expert also provides qualified know-how in relevant field of airframe structures (e.g. concept and detail design, sizing, certification and production ramp up, definition) and fosters a strong internal/external co-work throughout project phases. Key activities include the complete strength evaluations regarding stress, fatigue and damage tolerance criteria, as well as responsibility in overseeing, planning and executing the tasks according the overall program schedule to secure the deliverables.
The Expert may be assigned to functional lead of internal and external resources. Furthermore she/he observes the processes and delegation rules according design organisation rules. The Experts role includes to drive and lead deep dives on relevant field of expertise, to challenge/improve relevant development activities and to foster a strong internal/external experts network.
- Lead and instruct complex tasks internally and externally
- Definition of specifications and structure analysis Means of Compliance
- Definition and proposal of program code routines for analysis processes, methods & tools (e.g. FEM pre- & postprocesses, automatic calculation, digital data process)
- Planning of activities according to defined deliverables
- Improving, defining and adapting Stress and F&DT methods, assumptions, data and procedures for metallic and composite structures (hand calculations as well as FEM methods).
- Lead the compilation of stress, fatigue & damage tolerance analysis reports and certification documents in line with relevant regulations (e.g. CS/JAR/FAR Part 23/25/27/29).
- Assess and proof of production non-conformities (concessions).
- Support stress and fatigue analysis for the repair/acceptance of damaged structures.
- Establish the required check procedures and progress monitoring aligned with the program process to ensure deliverables at time and quality.
You’ll bring this with you
- Recognised Expert in field of stress, fatigue & damage tolerance for metal and composite components.
- Educated Engineering degree (MA Eng/Sc, Dr./PhD.) in aeronautics / aviation or mechanical engineering
- 15+ years professional expertise in structural analysis activities throughout the development phases and lifecycle of several aircraft
- Wide proficiency of airframe certification requirements, design criteria, materials, methods and tools
- New aircraft development experience (CS25)
- Lead and instruct complex tasks internal/external
- Very good presenting, communication and leadership skills
This is who we are
We are looking forward to your application!
82234 Weßling - Germany