Project Manager - Flight Test In-Service Operations (f/m/d)
Airport Oberpfaffenhofen Permanent Full-time 2023-0002
This is what drives you
You have a clear idea of what you want: To contribute to the vision of safe and energy-efficient flying, in a team of like-minded aviation enthusiasts who are determined to shape the future of aviation.
This is what you can do
As a leadership personality in Programme Management Aviation you will contribute significantly to fulfilling the programme management (PM= strategy and drive all company targets, including delivering an innovative product in terms of technical features at cost, on time and quality.
The position holder regularly exchanges information with all involved departments and reports to the Head of Operations Program Management. In this role, you will be responsible for the:
- Overall leadership, direction and guidance of all facets of your assigned programmes, [including] projects for test aircraft provision to flight test
- Planning of test aircraft provisioning within the programme portfolio, in alignment with the flight test department
- Communication, cost, schedule and technical performance of your teams to ensure a successful programme execution, including the development and monitoring of programme KPIs
- Resolving conflicts, demands and priorities on assigned programmes
- Work [on] unplanned programme issues to a best solution, including the development of plans-forward, the escalation and increasing of resources, as required
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with engineering, operations, contracts, subcontracts, finance, security, staffing, and procurement
- Regarding the programme management of suppliers, responsibilities will focus on managing the cost, schedule and technical performance of key vendors
You’ll bring this with you
- B.S./B.A. in Engineering, Science or Mathematics or equivalent
- 5+ years of relevant aerospace industry experience with landing gear[s]
- Demonstrated track record of successfully leading the engineering, development, test and certification of projects > $15M
- Demonstrated experience in flight test campaigns and/or in test aircraft modification
- Demonstrated knowledge of, and experience in implementing EVMS, risk and opportunity management, as well as IMS tools and processes (Microsoft Project is a plus)
- Supplier programme manager roles additionally require experience in successfully managing vendors, generating SOWs, evaluating proposals, performing source selections, evaluating and leading the cost, schedule and technical performance of suppliers
- Strong written and oral [English] communication skills and leadership experience
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
This is who we are
We are an aircraft manufacturer with a strong heritage looking to continue our story. Headquartered to the west of Munich, we are recognized by international aviation authorities as a development, manufacturing and maintenance company, That is why today we are focusing our full energy on developing and manufacturing a new generation of technically advanced aircraft in Germany. Share with us the vision and ambition to drive the transformation of flying and to make our contribution to safe and energy-efficient air transport.
We are looking forward to your application!
Deutsche Aircraft GmbH
82234 Weßling - Germany
82234 Weßling - Germany