Head of Material Support (f/m/d)
Airport Oberpfaffenhofen Permanent Full-time 2023-0027
This is what drives you
You have a clear idea of what you want: To contribute to the vision of safe and energy-efficient flying, in a team of like-minded aviation enthusiasts who are determined to shape the future of aviation.
This is what you can do
- Successful management and further development of our Material Support team & business, in alignment with the overall company strategy.
- Secure efficient Material Support supervision, considering all key metrics for the critical success factors.
- Continuous management of risks and opportunities, as well as continuous assessment of the Material Support environment factors (e.g., customers, market, suppliers) potentially impacting the business case.
- Lead the Material Support staff, establish and execute a skill & competence strategy, essential to allow the Material Support team executing its responsibilities.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with all customers, partners, as well as our internal teams.
- Responsibility for the continuous collection, control and analysis of Material Support relevant fleet and reliability data, in cooperation with our Customer Support & Design Organisation
- Support for the development of modifications (e.g. Upgrades, GSE, Obsolescence Management, etc.)
- Management of the quotation process in Material Support
- Cross-departmental Material Support related consulting and coordination
You’ll bring this with you
- Academical degree in Industrial Engineering or Engineering, Science or Business & Administration (BA/MA), or equivalent
- Minimum of 10+ years of relevant aerospace industry experience with demonstrated track record of leadership experience.
- Demonstrated track record of successfully leading a Material Support organisation in the aerospace industr, ideally for an aircraft OEM
- Demonstrated knowledge with regard to leadership skills and management methods
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Full professional proficiency in English and German required, both written and spoken
- Further language skills desirable
- Strong entrepreneurial, as well as analytical and problem-solving skills required
- Demonstrated experience in warranty management/handling required
- Experience in developing and managing web-based Material Support and Spares services desired
- Good IT skills and experience with SAP (ideally S4HANA) & Windows applications required
- Willingness to be on call/24/7-shift work, if required
- Worldwide travel, if required
This is who we are
We are an aircraft manufacturer with a strong heritage looking to continue our story. Headquartered to the west of Munich, we are recognized by international aviation authorities as a development, manufacturing and maintenance company, That is why today we are focusing our full energy on developing and manufacturing a new generation of technically advanced aircraft in Germany. Share with us the vision and ambition to drive the transformation of flying and to make our contribution to safe and energy-efficient air transport.
We are looking forward to your application!
Deutsche Aircraft GmbH
82234 Weßling - Germany
82234 Weßling - Germany