Development Engineer Airframe Design (f/m/d)
Airport Oberpfaffenhofen Permanent Full-time 2023-0075
This is what drives you
You have a clear idea of what you want: To contribute to the vision of safe and energy-efficient flying, in a team of like-minded aviation enthusiasts who are determined to shape the future of aviation.
This is what you can do
The Development Engineer Airframe Design conducts structure design activities for airframe components and parts such as the fuselage section, passenger and cargo doors, fairings and other primary structure components within a multifunctional product development team. This includes the complete design of such airframe components and parts, such as the implementation of properties, functional and industrial requirements, as well as interfaces and configurations, delivering know-how in relevant fields and support internal complete aircraft activities with skilled assessments.
- You are responsible for planning and executing the activities according to the overall programme schedule through all the different product development phases, such as concept, preliminary and detail design, certification, and production ramp-up to secure deliverables
- You will be the functional lead of allocated internal and external resources, the technical interface to the vendor and for the proper application of defined methods, processes and tools. You will demonstrate compliance with processes and delegations according to design organisation rules.
- You will release and check data for manufacturing and you will drive the drawing release process
- You will establish the required checking procedures and progress their monitoring, aligned with the programme process to ensure deliverables on time and quality
- You will conduct and instruct internal and external complex tasks and define requirements, specifications and support means of compliance
- You will plan required activities, competences and capabilities according to defined deliverables
- You will ensure structural integrity by optimising weight and performance of the airframe components
- You will propose optimisations for both weight improvement and design-to-cost
- You will define and drive opportunities for the digitalisation and automatisation of airframe design processes, methods and tools
You’ll bring this with you
- Engineering degree (MA Eng/Sc, Dr./PhD.) in materials, aeronautics/aviation or mechanical
- Proven skills in the field of airframe structure design
- 5+ years’ professional expertise in relevant fields of aircraft development and airframe design
- Highly proficient in airframe certification requirements, design criteria, materials, methods and tools
- Has development experience with new aircraft (CS25)
- Is abile to prioritise, manage and execute multiple simultaneous tasks
- Has product development experience in at least one aircraft programme
- Conducts and instructs complex internal and external tasks
- Has very good presentation, communication and leadership skills
This is who we are
We are an aircraft manufacturer with a strong heritage looking to continue our story. Headquartered to the west of Munich, we are recognized by international aviation authorities as a development, manufacturing and maintenance company, That is why today we are focusing our full energy on developing and manufacturing a new generation of technically advanced aircraft in Germany. Share with us the vision and ambition to drive the transformation of flying and to make our contribution to safe and energy-efficient air transport.
We are looking forward to your application!
Deutsche Aircraft GmbH
82234 Weßling - Germany
82234 Weßling - Germany