Expert Novel Aircraft Design (f/m/d)
Airport Oberpfaffenhofen Fixed-Term Full-time 2021-0185
This is what drives you
This is what you can do
We are looking for an ambitious Expert Novel Aircraft Design (f/m/d) who is establishing a core engineering discipline.
You are an Expert in Aircraft sizing and optimization, aircraft-level trade studies, cross-functional systems, aerodynamics, structural optimizations effort. You worked extensively in successful conceptual and advanced design in least 2 new aircraft developments from inception to certification and be able to conduct aircraft level optimization for weight and increase aircraft performance to contributes in establishing L0 Aircraft Level Requirements set.
Your role includes all engineering aspects of our Design Organization and respective quality of deliverables out of engineering disciplines.
Responsibilities in your role include:
- Establish Conceptual design, methodology and tools performance and aerodynamic datasets and integrate specifications and performance in order to meet L0 aircraft requirements.
- Establish advance design methodology to conduct trade studies to drive weight optimization activities with the responsible product delivery teams and engineering departments.
- Lead technical assessments of aircraft concept scenarios in terms of performance, aerodynamics and propulsion and evaluate impacts on a conceptual level
- Drive improvements and adaptations of analysis software, methods & models and assumptions for R&T and current project.
You’ll bring this with you
- Educated Engineering degree (MA Eng/Sc, Dr./PhD.) in aeronautics / aviation or mechanical engineering
- 15+ years’ professional expertise in advance design as Senior Engineer throughout the development phases and lifecycle of several aircraft types
- Recognized expert in the field of performance, propulsion, weight, loads and aeroelastic and aerodynamics of fixed wing Aircraft, in CS-25 Subpart B regulations and CRIs and ELOS
- Experienced in Concept development of regional jet family, CATIA 3D models and drawings, sizing and optimization loops.
- Very good presentation, communication and leadership skills
- Written and spoken in English, German is beneficial
This is who we are
We are looking forward to your application!
82234 Weßling - Germany