Senior Development Engineer – Cabin & Cargo (f/m/d)
Airport Oberpfaffenhofen Permanent Full-time 2023-0218
This is what drives you
You have a clear idea of what you want: To contribute to the vision of safe and energy-efficient flying, in a team of like-minded aviation enthusiasts who are determined to shape the future of aviation.
This is what you can do
- Owning the technical project development and delivery of innovative solutions to Cabin Interior. Achieving market leading cabin innovation as well as meeting challenging weight, cost and reliability targets
- Responsible for assigned cabin interior from concept through to delivery. Ensuring timelines cabin product and certification requirements are met.
- Ensure cabin interior products meet all safety standards and comply with regulatory requirements
- Identify mitigation plans for impacted projects.
- Perform critical path analysis; prepare and implement work-around plans to ensure the successful completion of projects.
- Liaise between project management, project teams, and all interfacing engineering departments.
- Work in close coordination with designers to create best in class cabin to match the next generation state of the art aircraft
- Define detailed requirements for cabin interior products based on company requirements/ customer preferences. Coordinate and prepare cabin specifications.
- Perform detailed technical analysis of the shortlisted suppliers and recommend the most suited solutions for implementation as well as monitoring and reporting supplier performance
- Perform an overview of the currently available and soon to be introduced cabin products in the market and shortlist the best possible options for further analyses
You’ll bring this with you
- Master’s Degree/ Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
- 10 years or more experience in aviation
- Extensive experience in Cabin Interiors
- Familiar with new cabin design concepts/ new trends
- Familiar with regulatory requirements
- Program Management experience
- Experience of aircraft development programs
- Excellent team spirit, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships internally and externally
- Highly self-motivated, proactive, meticulous, organized and detail-oriented
- Ability to exercise good judgment and make decisions
- Driven – need for success, highly energetic with a strong hands-on, “can do” approach
- Excellent written and verbal English skills
This is who we are
We are an aircraft manufacturer with a strong heritage looking to continue our story. Headquartered to the west of Munich, we are recognized by international aviation authorities as a development, manufacturing and maintenance company, That is why today we are focusing our full energy on developing and manufacturing a new generation of technically advanced aircraft in Germany. Share with us the vision and ambition to drive the transformation of flying and to make our contribution to safe and energy-efficient air transport.
We are looking forward to your application!
Deutsche Aircraft GmbH
82234 Weßling - Germany
82234 Weßling - Germany